Subject: Re[4]: Intel Triton Chipset?
From: "Aubin, Todd" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], "J. David Johnson" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 95 16:11:21 PST

Sure, no problem. Speaking from experience there are two boards currently
available that a) use the Triton chipset b) are availble as 256k/512k cache
               c) support Pentiums up to 133mhz  d) have 15ns cache memory
                  as a stock item, and e) can work with 70ns memory.

I prefer 60ns just for future trade in, the difference is not that much
for the street price. EDO is nice but its like $900 (US) for 16M. The nice
part is that EDO has an "on-simm" cache so when you need to do your
"Extended data out" it goes - out and fast! I do not have any personal
experience with EDO DRAMS, but I do with the motherboards that support
them.

Some names? ASUS P/I-P55TP4XE (SRAM burst and asynchronous SRAM)
            ASUS P/I-P55TP4   (Asynchronous SRAM)

Intel Zapper and Aladin are simular in capability. In fact Gateway2000 
models P5-100 and P5-120 and P5-133 are all Intels if they arrived
today.

No problems with these except win95 doesn;t see the Extended IDE 
controller... sees it as just ide. So cdroms will snap with enough
pressure.

NT 3.51 I do in my sleep on these boxes. We test under dos, then install
NT, and then we reboot in dos and make sure all the settings are the
same for people. We keep a record of your settings and the emergency
diskettes for you in case you get curious or just have a problem.

Speaking of systems, I am building a P55TP4 tonight in Westford,MA for
a Lightwave customer. If are local and need hardware, we'll sell.
Please don't call just for information 'cause I can answer you better
in a forum like this. But if you want to come by and see this stuff
work, please do.

Todd Aubin
DJ Computers and Software, Westford, MA 01886 508-692-0916
("Dick" is the owner/manager... ask for him since I have a boring
 dayjob when I'm not doing the lightwave stuff, but I'm available
there weekends and nights.)

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Intel Triton Chipset?
Author:  "J. David Johnson" <[email-masked]> at felix
Date:    8/9/95 12:11 PM

On Wed, 9 Aug 1995, Aubin, Todd wrote:
     
> 
> I am currently testing a new config for a client and this
> has the ASAU P55 with the pipeline, 512k cache, and an intel 133 
> 
     
I was unaware that the Pentium's were available with a 512 Pipeline 
Cache.  I was told by Treasure Chest Peripherals "leading motherboard 
wholesaler" that a 512 pipeline was not "invented?" yet.
     
She mentioned tho that the write-back cache does go to 512.  Could you 
elaborate?

J. David - Video GT
     
--
"J. David Johnson" <[email-masked]> sent this message. 
To Post a Message           : [email-masked] 
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked] 
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]

--
"Aubin, Todd" <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]